Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Colouring Days








As often seems to happen in January,
I am captivated by the art of colouring.
Perhaps because there is time at last to slow down
and enjoy the process,
the feel of pencil on the tooth of the paper.

In the last week I've coloured stamped images 
(the very cute Gorjuss girls);
created the 'happy' art using stencils
(the girls coloured their names);
and even dug into a colouring book.

My tools of choice at the moment
are Prismacolor pencils on any surface;
and Stampin' Write markers
on heavy watercolour paper.

It always takes me a while to remember good techniques,
 and what does and doesn't work,
these were all experiments. 
And just when I remember everything ...
it's time to stop.

Just one full week left of school holidays -
I'm hoping to keep my pencils close by
for that time, at least.

1 comment:

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy colouring! Hope that you enjoy your last week of the holidays. It has been lovely that you have been blogging more - probably because of having more time no doubt! xx