Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saturday morning op shopping


While Laura was iceskating and Steve rehearising,
Emily and I went op-shopping.
Looking for a long, flowing white dress
for a photography project for Emily.
Alas, we didn't find a dress, but we did find
one 1/2 price sale, and one 20c book sale!

These books cost me $2.60 in total!

These ones for Emily not so cheap, $12.50 total

This one perhaps my favourite, for just 20c!

 
 
Love these tea cosies.

Fun and frivolous for 50c.

Looks like we've got lots of reading now, 
but Emily might have to change her photography plans ...


Also this morning I've been baking for church morning tea
and making egg sandwiches and am wrapping gifts
for our big family party, celebrating about 12 birthdays today.


I picked up some Alexander McCall Smith books for 50c too,
one for me and a few duplicates I'll pass on to someone else.

What are you doing this Saturday morning?

3 comments:

Justjen said...

Oh I have the Bazaar book, it's wonderful! Don't you love finding treasures for 50c.

Amy at love made my home said...

Love the little cottage cozy, that is just too cute!! Sounds as though you had a great time finding some great bargains!! xx

Mel @ Coal Valley View said...

Lovely little purchases! I get to do a spot of op-shopping on Saturdays too while Eleanor is at dancing and always seem to come away with a few bits and bobs. Love the vintage knitting/crochet mags, I've actually got a few here that I'd like to try something from. Have a lovely weekend! Mel x